Tuesday 3 June 2014

Heisenberg...And Saddam for some reason.

 After bingeing on Breaking Bad for a while I came to the inevitable conclusion that Walter White would make and interesting sculpture study, so I decided to have a crack at the iconic meth making slaphead. The bust is a fair bit larger than usual, about the size of a grapefruit, and the glasses look annoyingly rubbish considering how long they took to make. The eye colour came out a bit wrong too, they're supposed to be darker but that's the only green pen I had at the time. The picture also doesn't show the fabulous turkey neck Walter's rocking but never mind. I'm not entirely satisfied with it though, so I make make a more stylised version at some point in the future. May even do a Jesse as well...Bitch.
Saddam Hussein. This bust was originally going to be used in a short animation about a mad farmer who grows dead dictators in his field, with Saddam intended to be joined by Kim Jong Il and Muammar Gaddafi, I got as far as making this, but then decided that the idea wasn't good enough to justify making a set and 4 characters for an animation unlikely to be more than 5 seconds long. So he has no bloody purpose whatsoever but he only took 3 hours to make so I'm ok with it I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment