Sunday 3 June 2012

Final Project - Puppet - Mae

The Mae puppet was only recently finished, as I needed to film the scene with the narrator's parents so I could repurpose the mother's puppet, which I did by ripping off her head and giving her a dress. Then I made Mae's head, who incidentally is named after Mae Capone, Al Capone's wife.



She has a very oddly shaped head, due to the balsa core shifting back when i was sculpting the face, I tried to cover this up with her hair, but she still has a dodgy chin. Filming is well underway now, so I don't have time to fix it, the only way I can is to remove the balsa core and reshape the head, In this case, it would actually be faster to completely replace the head altogether, but no time, so I will just have to improvise with clever camera angles.
Oh and that's supposed to be a shawl around her shoulders, not a towel. Close enough, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment